Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Garlic Bread Spread

Once again I got this recipe off of another blog, but it is so good I have to share!
Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened (half melted, half softened will mix better)

2 Tbsp. mayo (I used lite mayo)

1/4 tsp. sage

2 tsp. oregano

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 clove garlic chopped (peel clove of garlic and then chop. I ended up only using half of what I chopped, but it's entirely up to what you would like)That part was from the recipe I got it from. I just use the already crushed garlic you get from the grocery store and it makes it a lot easier

1 baguette of French bread, halved lengthwise

2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (or to taste - you can make it healthier or fattier)

Directions:

Preheat oven to broil.

Combine butter, mayo, sage, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.

Spread mixture on bread and sprinkle lightly with cheese (or to taste)

Place bread under broil for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.


I just mix my parmesan cheese into the mixture and spread it all. I also use Brummel and Brown yogurt butter instead, but I'm sure that it will taste fine with whatever butter you use! Enjoy!

No comments: