Friday, October 2, 2009

Apricot Chicken

I use the crockpot almost every week, especially for Sunday dinner. You can cook potatoes in them which I love. You peel potatoes whole and place them in enough salted water to cover them and cook on high for a shorter time, or low for a longer time for mashed potates. I put them in in the morning before church and they are ready to mash when I get home. I also cook my roasts in them. I like to brown my roast then add a package of lipton onion soup mix. and roast to the crockpot with a small amount of water. The soup mix makes the gravy very flavorful. Sunday dinner is ready to go as soon as we get home. You can also bake potates in the crockpot. Wash and wrap whole potatoes in foil and place in crockpot. Same principle as for mashed, high for a shorter time, low for all day. You may have to experiment with your own crockpot as sometimes potatoes may become too done, so just watch them the first couple of times you try them so you can gage how long it takes them to cook with your crockpot.

I also love this easy recipe for Apricot Chicken

4-6 Chicken breats-boneless or bone-in
1 8 oz. bottle of russian salad dressing (Wishbone brand has one)
1 jar of apricot jam
1 pkg. onion soup mix

Place ingredients in crockpot and cook as desired. High for 3-5 hours, low 4-6 hours. Chicken cooks fast so it doesn't take that long for this recipe to cook. I serve it with rice. Enjoy!!!

No comments: