Nainano Squares (don't worry, I can't pronounce it either)
the crust:
2 c. graham crackers, finely crushed
1 c. coconut
1/2 c. finely chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 c. sugar
5 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 beaten egg
Mix graham crackers, coconut and nuts in a bowl. Set aside.
In a second bowl, mix the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and beaten egg.
Combine graham cracker mixture with the cocoa powder mixture. Press into bottom of 9x13 glass baking dish.
the filling:
2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. dry vanilla pudding (from box)
1 stick softened butter
3 Tbsp. milk
Combine all ingredients until smooth. Spread over crust and chill for at least 2 hours. *chilling is essential!*
the top:
2 oz. unsweetened or semi-sweet Baker's chocolate
2 oz. sweetened chocolate chips (I think I use a little more than 2 oz. though)
Melt chocolates together. *note, make sure to melt it over low heat or it will burn very fast! I made this mistake!
Spread chocolate mixture over chilled filling. You must do this quickly, as the chocolate hardens very fast.
*Score or cut dessert into squares (or rectangles...whatever) before chilling, otherwise the chocolate topping will break unevenly when you go to cut and serve.
*This dessert tastes best when it is served chilled, right out of the fridge.
Enjoy!


1 comment:
Thank you Chelsea!! I'm making these TONIGHT - I haven't been able to stop craving them! :)
Post a Comment