This was a such a good and easy pulled pork recipe. It had such a good flavor because it wasn't just BBQ sauce. I didn't follow her recipe exactly because her instructions tell you to put the rub on the roast and then refrigerate for a day (I'm sure it would taste amazing, but I just don't think that far in advance usually). I just sprinkled the spices on the roast and cooked on high until it was done. Give it a try, we loved it!
From ahintofhoney.com
INGREDIENTS
Pork Rub:
2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. white pepper (I didn't have this)
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 6-8 lb. bone-in pork shoulder (Boston Butt) (I used a regular roast without a bone)
prepared barbecue sauce
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
DIRECTIONS
1. Combine spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Rub over the entire surface of the pork shoulder. Wrap securely in plastic and refrigerate for at least 12 hours (up to several days).
2. Place the pork shoulder in a large slow-cooker with 1/4 cup water and the liquid smoke (if using). Cook on low for 10-12 hours until it is falling off the bone and shreds easily. (I cooked mine on high for the first 6 hours and then on low for another 4 hours.)
3. Remove the pork from the slow-cooker and drain the liquid. Discard the bone and shred the pork, removing any gristle or fat. Return to the slow cooker. Toss with several cups of barbecue sauce and cook on low for 30-60 minutes until hot. Serve with extra sauce on the side.
Serves 10+.

No comments:
Post a Comment