I have been in search of a good banana bread recipe for awhile, I like mine moist, NOT dry! Anyways, I found a recipe on allrecipes and I changed it up quite a bit, but the bread turned out SOOO yummy. I went to get my camera and it was already 1/4 gone!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter (softened to room temp)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I substituted half with whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup of ripened, mashed bananas
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (opt)
1/2 chocolate chip cookies (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl combine the softened butter with the sugar. Mix until creamed well, then add the eggs and the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir until mixed evenly.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredient bowl to the butter/sugar mixture, hand mix with a spatula or wooden spoon.
5. When mixed well add the sour cream and mashed bananas, then add the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour into the greased pan.
6. Place on center rack of preheated oven. Let bake for about 1 h 15 m. Check to see if it is done by place a knife in the middle and pulling it out, if it comes out clean then it is done.
7. Once done, place on a cooling rack while still in the pan and let rest for 10 minutes. When the ten minutes is up let cool completely.
Mine did NOT have a chance to cool completely before the piranhas were on it. I hope you all like it! Next time I think I will try to substitute half the butter for apple sauce, I will let you all know how it turns out!

No comments:
Post a Comment