Thursday, February 9, 2012

Restaurant Style French Toast

I know it's silly to post a recipe for French Toast, but seriously this is wonderful! I think I personally make a pretty good french toast without any recipe but I wanted something better. So I googled this and trust me you, yes you reading this, needs to try it! It has really good flavor and tastes just like a restaurant breakfast!

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 -10 slices Texas toast thick bread or 8 -10 slices French bread
Toppings:
confectioners' sugar , sliced fruit, butter, and pancake syrup for serving
Directions:
1. In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk briskly to remove all clumps.
3. Grease a pan(I just use pam)
4. Heat skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles when flicked onto skillet.
5. Dip both sides of bread slice into the batter briefly.
6. Let some of the batter drip off, then place bread in skillet.
7. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the second.
8. If needed, add a little more oil to the skillet to cook all of the slices.9Repeat procedure with remaining bread slices.10Keep French toast warn in a low oven as you cook remaining slices.11Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with butter, syrup, or fruit, if using.

I'm sure most people don't need directions on how to cook French Toast but ya never know! Hopefully you'll try this cause it's Delish!

No comments: