Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Key West Grilled Chicken(marinade)

I found this recipe on Pinterest. I've had some good luck with recipes I pinned and bad luck.. This my friends was definately AWESOME luck! My husband raved about this and said that we should use this marinade pretty much all the time. I made it on skewers with Green and Red peppers,onion and mushrooms. So without further ado, here it is!


3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tbs. honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Juice of 1 Lime
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl with a lid. Add chicken. Put lid on and shake shake shake! Let Marinade for 30 min.

If you prefer kebabs,cut the chicken into large chunks, skewer onto bamboo sticks that have been soaked in water for 5 minutes, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
For a slightly zestier version, add a teaspoon of Freshly Chopped cilantro to the marinade.( I didn't add cilantro)

Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Serve with fresh salad, steamed veggies, baked potato or any of your favorite sides. For variation, try marinating shrimp, (which will take 2-4 minutes to grill in all!)

Long story short, I was making this on a monday. Kyle reminded me that he was going to have a Pizza party at school. So this marinade, with the chicken or turkey already in it starting the 30 min marinade, was in the fridge. We ended up having it on Wed. So it was a 3 day marinade. Still delish! Hope you all are adventurous and try it!

No comments: