So Kraft has out their new "Anything Dressings," and I was really intrigued by the Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette. I got some thinking SURELY I could find LOTS of recipes online...no such luck. I found ONE. So, I had to come up with my own, and it was an enthusiastic WIN at our house!! This one will be sticking around. So, I thought I'd better write it down for the next time!
(I made this for 4 people, and these are my estimated amounts, so add or subtract to your liking.)
Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Chicken Farfalle
1/2 box bowtie or other small pasta, cooked and drained (toss in a little olive oil until you're ready to add other ingredients); I used Barilla: Piccolini's Tomato and Carrot mini bow-tie pasta (1 serving of vegetables! Hooray!)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tbs garlic, minced
1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
About1 cup (divided) Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette "Anything dressing"
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked, diced
2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbles
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Cook pasta, drain water, toss in a little olive oil and set aside (I let the pasta cook while I was preparing the next step). Place chopped onion, garlic, and olive oil into a skillet and cook onion and garlic until fragrant. Scoop onion/garlic into pasta. Using your same skillet (or a new one...I just prefer to do less dishes), cook diced chicken breast with 1/2 cup dressing until cooked. Combine Pasta, Onion/garlic, chicken, parsley, and pine nuts. Add remaining 1/2 cup of dressing (I left the pasta in a pan, and just added ingredients to it as they were ready). Allow to simmer (or just microwave) for a few minutes until all ingredients are warm. Just prior to serving add Feta and Parmesan Cheese. YUM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment