Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Korean Beef

Thank you Six Sisters Stuff! This recipe is soooo good and suuuuper easy! I love that it is for ground beef because I don't have very many besides the staples that everyone knows. I really liked the ground beef but my husband says it would be better with steak. You could decide whatever you like best :)

1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar (I like it sweet so I usually do closer to 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (I used ground ginger from my spice cabinet)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to desired spiciness, I used 1/2 tsp and it was plenty spicy!)
salt and pepper
1 bunch green onions, diced (don't skip this!)

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.

No comments: