I have seen multiple recipes for "Skinny Coconut Chicken," but decided to modify and make my own, based on ingredients I had. TOTAL (the cereal) went on sale a while back, and with some trusty coupons, I got a TON of boxes for FREE! So, I just dumped a bunch of cereal into my trusty food processor and made my own "total Crumbs" :-)
Coconut Chicken
- • 8 chicken tenders (about 1½ lbs)
- • ½ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- • ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs + ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- OR 1 cup crumbs made from TOTAL cereal
- • 1/4 tsp salt
- • 1 tsp black pepper
- • 2 tsp garlic powder
- • 2 egg whites
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine coconut, crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken tenders into the egg and then into the coconut mixture. Cover with the mixture on both sides.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray. (I like to put a piece of foil and cover it with non-stick spray for easier clean-up) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and coconut is golden brown. Turn the chicken once halfway through the cooking time.

No comments:
Post a Comment