I served this for a brunch after a temple session. It was really good and easy. I would substitute fresh peaches for the canned peaches though or just leave the peaches out. I also added fresh blueberries along with the rest of the other fresh fruit although I still used the canned Mandarin oranges. It was really refreshing and went well with the other breads and the "special" eggs I served. Make sure you have bowls to serve it in though because it really is similar to soup!
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups water
3 T. tapioca (minute brand quick cooking tapioca)
6 oz. orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cups water
2 cans mandarin oranges-drained
1 quart sliced peaches in lite syrup or two or three fresh peaches peeled and sliced into bite sized pieces
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced just before serving
2 bananas, just before serving
1 bag frozen raspberries, thawed but still cool and firm ( or an equivalent amount of fresh) or other berry mix like the tri-berry mix from costco
Bring sugar, 2 cups water and tapioca to a boil. Continue boiling on medium high for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Some tapioca will be clear and other granules will have a white center. Take off heat. Let sit for 30 minutes. (This is when the tapioca will become clear.)
Add 6 oz Orange juice concentrate and 1 1/2 cups water. Chill overnight.
Add mandarin oranges and peaches if using canned. If using fresh peaches, add all fresh or slightly thawed frozen fruit just before serving.
Enjoy!!!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment