I know technically this is a recipe exchange but I need help. I loathe lunch. I dislike coming up with ideas for things to eat, my husband takes the left overs, and, unlike my children, the idea eating PB&J sandwiches everyday grosses me out!
I will share some of my lunches, if you share some of yours! Some of these are kind of obvious so don't think that I am being to mundane by writing descriptions beneath them:)
Mediterranean Eggs
Make an Omelet or scrambles eggs. Add spinach, onions, and tomatoes that have been sauteed in olive oil. Sprinkle with Feta cheese.
"Wrangler" sandwich
Saute chopped onions in olive oil until soft, add chopped roast beef, with bbq sauce, mushrooms (optional) and pineapples tidbits. Serve on toasted deli roll with provolone cheese melted on top.
Chicken nugget sandwich
Whenever my kids have chicken nuggets* I save three or four for me. I toast up some bread, spread light mayo and bbq sauce to moisten, add pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and hot chicken nuggets.
* I buy either buy organic, natural chicken nuggets or make my own and freeze them, they taste way better that way.
Taco salad
I either keep a small amount of ground beef available for cooking, or when you cook taco, make a little extra and reserve some in the fridge. Lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, olives, sour cream, salsa, beans.
Lettuce wraps- wrap the following ingredients in iceberg lettuce leafs, lunch meat, cheese (I like pepperjack), mustard, yellow peppers, tomatoes, I guess pretty much anything you like!
Quesadilla-
I prefer to use uncooked tortillas found in the refrigerated section. Cook it up, them wipe a light amount of canola oil on the bottom, put some shredded cheese in the middle, top it off, and spread wipe some more canola on the top part of the tortilla, flip until done. Top it off with salsa, lettuce and black beans.
That is all of my ideas right now. Please help me stop dreading lunch so much and share your ideas with me! Thanks!
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment