Friday, April 1, 2011

Baked Potato Casserole

This is my version of a recipe I got from my grandma. It had a few too many calories for my liking (not that this is too much better!!) Baked Potato Cassrole 6 -8 Yukon Gold potatoes cut in chunks, cooked until tender Water (this is replacing the milk you would use in regular mashed potatoes) + 2 tsp chicken bullion 4 oz low-fat Cream Cheese, softened 1/2 c Sour cream (can also substitute fat-free greek yogurt) 1 bunch Green Onions, Chopped 5-6 slices of bacon, cooked (I used turkey bacon) 2 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated 1/2 t pepper 3 tbs Butter, melted Cook bacon and cut fine. Set aside. Cook potatoes on stove until tender. Mash (you can leave some chunks if desired). Add water, chicken bullion, cream cheese, sour cream, and 3 tbs butter. Stir in green onions, bacon, and 1 cup cheese. Place in baking dish. May dot with additional butter if desired (I skipped this part), and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in 9X13 pan 45 min at 350'. May also warm in crockpot for 2-3 hours.

No comments: