STEAKS WITH BLUE CHEESE TOPPING
4 10-12 oz beef steaks (boneless rib-eyes...I used bacon wrapped sirloin filets)
1 clove of garlic pushed through a garlic press (I just used garlic powder and sprinkled it on the steaks like the salt and pepper
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp sea salt ground
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
4 tbsp cream cheese softened
4 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
1 green onion finely chopped (I used a few)
Make the cheese topping. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, green onion, and 1/2 tsp white pepper.
Rub each steak on both sides with garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the steaks on the rack of a broiler pan 2-3 inches from the heat source. Broil 10-12 minutes for medium rare or more to the degree of doneness you like. Remember though that the more you cook them the less tender and juicy they are.
Top each steak with an equal amount cheese topping. Broil 1-2 minutes until the topping starts to melt. Sprinkle with parsley. Next time your grocery store has your favorite cut of steak on sale, get some and try this recipe.
I found this recipe HERE. We had some friends over, so I made extra. We LOVED this, and also thought it would be amazing on hamburgers :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We made this a couple of days ago and it was delicious! Even Mike liked it and he doesn't like steak that much. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment