Saturday, November 1, 2008

Poor Man's Filet Mignon

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 slice of bread (in crumbs)
1 egg beaten
1/4c milk
1t salt
1 1/2t minced onion
1t dried celery flakes
1/4t chili powder
BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
4 slices uncooked bacon
*Combine all ingredients and 2 T BBQ sauce. Form into 4 thick patties (mixture will be wet). Wrap a bacon slice around each patty and secure with a toothpick. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Baste often with BBQ sauce for the last 30 minutes.

Its really good to eat with rice or potatoes... My hubby loves this for dinner!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try it! Do you use a dried piece of bread to make the crumbs?

Kyle and Valisa said...

I made this for dinner tonight and it was so delicious! I will more than likely be making it again. It was so easy and pretty fast! I used basil instead of celery flakes because I didn't have any but I don't really think that it even mattered. Make sure to use a pan with sides because it is super juicy