This chili is NOT fast, but because you simmer it for a couple of hours makes it SOOO good. It is a little spicy, it is called Chili you know, I just adjust the chili powder amount and green chilies if I know I am serving it to people who don't like spicy food. Enjoy!
1 lb ground beef (I sometimes substitute this for Smart Ground, a veggie protein, you can't even tell the difference! Don't diss it until you try it people)
14.5 oz. tomato sauce
14.5 oz. kidney beans, undrained
14.5 oz. pinto beans, undrained
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/4 cup green chilies (I use the canned, use less if you don't want so much heat)
1/8 cup celery, diced
1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped (I like to use a little more)
1 teaspoon cumin
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder (less if you don't want so much heat)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1. Brown meat, drain fat.
2. Combine all the ingredients, bring to a boil, simmer for 2-3 hours.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment