Friday, October 31, 2008

Calzones


Calzones Recipe

Here is the delicious calzone recipe (see pictures several posts ago!)! I got this recipe from my awesome friend Jamie Hansen! It's YUMMY!!! This recipe makes 2 18" Calzones (2 of the calzones in the picture! The 2 I made fed 5 people, including 2 missionaries, and there were left-overs!!!

Dough:
Mix 2 Cups warm water, 2 Tbs yeast, and 2 Tsp. Sugar (Yeast works best if you wait a few minutes until it is frothy). Add 4 tbs oil and 1 egg (beaten).

Combine:
1 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. salt
5 1/2 cups flour.

Mix all ingredients. Let rise 30 minutes. Divide dough in half, and roll out into 18" rectangles (see picture). Make small angled slits about 1 1/2" apart along the 2 long sides of the rectangle. (It makes more sense if you look at the picture!) Put filling inside, then braid the remaining dough over the filling! Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, and cheese is melted.

Filling: Anything you want!!

Sauce (pizza sauce, bbq sauce, alfredo sauce, ranch, etc), onions, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, bacon, red/green peppers, olives, cheese (parmesean, mozarella, cheddar), BBQ chickn, red onion, etc! The sky is the limit!


I made a cheese and pepperoni one, and a ham and pineapple one! They turned out great! Hope the directions made sense!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! I can't wait to try this... It looks so yummy!