
This isn't very healthy but it is really yummy, it has 5 stars in my cook book. It is a take off on an Outback Steakhouse dish. I change it up a little to try to make it healthier, notice I didn't say healthy. I always serve it with homemade oven fries because the sauce is a yummy dip for the fries.
4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch
2 tsp seasoning salt
6 slices bacon, cut in half
1/2 cup mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 corn syrup (I usually use less than this)
1/4 cup of mayo (I use the smart/lite mayo)
1 Tbl dried onion flake
1 Tbl vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I use more because we love mushrooms)
2 cups Colby/Monterey Jack, grated (I use only about 1 cup)
2 Tbl chopped fresh parsley
Rub chicken with seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, set aside. In a bowl combine mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayo and onion. Heat oil in skillet-saute breasts 3-5 minutes per side. Place in a 9 x 3 pan, pour sauce over, then layer with mushrooms and bacon, sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch
2 tsp seasoning salt
6 slices bacon, cut in half
1/2 cup mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 corn syrup (I usually use less than this)
1/4 cup of mayo (I use the smart/lite mayo)
1 Tbl dried onion flake
1 Tbl vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I use more because we love mushrooms)
2 cups Colby/Monterey Jack, grated (I use only about 1 cup)
2 Tbl chopped fresh parsley
Rub chicken with seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, set aside. In a bowl combine mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayo and onion. Heat oil in skillet-saute breasts 3-5 minutes per side. Place in a 9 x 3 pan, pour sauce over, then layer with mushrooms and bacon, sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley.

1 comment:
that looks and sounds so freakin good...mmmmm....
Post a Comment