Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pepper Lime Chicken Salsa Wraps

Pepper Lime Chicken Salsa Wraps

So, this is my own concoction...it is a take off of several recipes I've had.

Pepper-Lime Chicken Marinade
1 tsp. shredded lime peel
1/3 cup lime juice
1 Tbs oil
1 Tsp thyme (dried)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic minced,
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced.

Place diced chicken into marinade (Honestly, I don't actually measure all of the ingredients, I just put whatever amount looks good). Marinade for a little while (30 minutes, or as long as you want). Cook the chicken until done. You can cook the chicken in the marinade, just cook it until the liquid is gone. You can also discard the marinade and cook the chicken, it will cook a little faster. When it is done, add the "chicken salsa wraps" ingredients (below), and cook until warm! Serve in tortillas. I like to serve with corn, shredded cheddar cheese, and a little sour cream!

Chicken Salsa Wraps:
Tortillas
2 medium tomatoes-chopped
2 tbs diced green chiles (canned, I use a whole 4 oz can)
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained (I use a whole can)
1 tbs. chopped cilantro
*These ingredients are "rough estimates." Again, I just add what looks good: some green onions, some cilantro, etc. I usually chop one bunch of cilantro in my food processor, and then freeze the left-overs in a baggie or little container. Then I don't waste it, and I have some on hand for things like this.

If you don't have time, the ingredients, or you don't want to use the marinade, you can also use 1/2 package of chicken taco seasoning, 1 tbs oil, and 2 tbs water. Combine the oil and chicken, in the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Then add 2 tbs water and the seasoning. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through. Add remaining ingredients and cook until warm.

The pepper lime chicken is also really yummy grilled. Marinade chicken strips, or put the diced chicken on skewers and grill. Yum!
(Sorry, the picture won't turn the right way)

1 comment:

Kyle and Valisa said...

Kyle and I just like the orginal recipe! but this one is pretty good too! I don't measure my stuff... I put 1 can black beans, however much green onions and cilantro and tomatoes I think it needs. That way it makes it easier to make and you don't have 10 billion dirty dishes!