Friday, February 26, 2010

Thai Peanut Chicken

Are you looking for something way yummy, and different for dinner. This is it! My husband wishes I would make this once a week.

3 Tbl brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp or less of crushed red pepper
1/2 cup rice vinegar
3 Tbl soy sauce
2 Tbl water
1 Tbl peanut butter (I use about 2 T)
2-3 uncooked chicken breast, cubed
2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups of cooked rice (we usually eat brown rice but for some reason I think white rice is way better with this meal)
1/4 cup peanuts
1/4 cup chopped green onions

(I like to add a few extras: a few dashes of curry powder and tumeric, about 1/4 cup of coconut milk, cornstarch/water mixture to thicken sauce, 1/8 t lime zest and juice of 1/2 a lime, and Toasted coconut to sprinkle on top)

Start to cook your rice. Then Mix brown sugar, garlic, red pepper, rice vinegar, soy sauce, water and peanut butter (a few dashes of curry and tumeric if desired) and set aside. Stir fry chicken and garlic in olive oil. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Then add first mixture (and coconut milk, lime zest and lime juice if desired) and cook until it boils, stirring constantly. It should thicken a little (I usually use a little cornstarch mixture to thicken it up). Add peanuts and green onions (and toasted coconut if desired) to chicken mixture right before serving over cooked rice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds so good Jamie! I can't wait to try it!