Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Apple and Sage Pork Chops

We get tired of eating the same kind of thing all the time. I feel like we get in a rut eating the same types of things. Anyway, I found this recipe and thought it sounded like a perfect Fall Dish. This recipe is from McCormick (You can buy these "Recipe Inspirations" at the store in a pagakge that has all the spices measured out for you, and you just add the meat and a few extra ingredients).


Anyway, we thought it was delicious, so I thought I'd share the recipe.

Prep time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes (I cooked a lot longer because I like my pork chops tender, not tough)

Makes 4 servings

1 1/2 tsp. McCormick Rubbed Sage

1 tsp Minced Garlic

1 tsp Thyme Leaves

1/2 tsp Ground allspice

1/2 tsp Paprkia

1 tbs Flour

1 tsp salt

4 boneless chops, 1-thick

2 tbs Olive Oil

1 medium onion, thinly sliced (I only used half an onion)

2 red apples, thinly sliced

1/2 cup apple juice

1 tbsp brown sugar

1. Mix flour, spices, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of prok chops with 1 tbsp of the seasoned flour.

2. Cook pork chops in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Remove from skilled. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add apples; cook and stir 2 minutes.

3. Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasonsed flour until well mixed. Return pork chops to skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes of until desired doneness.

ALTERNATIVE: My crock pot version: Perform step 1 as outlined above. Cook pork chops in skillet until browned. Mix juices, sugar and remaining seasoned flour and place in crockpot. Put browned chops in pot. Cook on high for 2 hours. Microwave sliced onion for 1 minute. Add onion and apples to crockpot. Cook for an additional 2 hours on high.

No comments: