Monday, January 17, 2011

{cupcakes cupcakes}

Who doesn't love a cupcake every now and again? Well, I am always on the look out for a fun and new cupcake recipe, and I got {this} yummy cupcake recipe book for my birthday last year-and have loved it!


We made these cupcakes last night, and if you are an Oreo lover...then you will definitely dig these tasty little cakes.





And the best part of all, is the surprise that you will find inside!





So here is the recipe:

1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Devils food)

1 cup sour cream

3 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

24 double stuffed Oreo cookies

Mix together the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Place a spoonful of batter on the bottom of each paper liner. Place the whole Oreo cookie on the bottom lying flat. Cover the remaining batter until 3/4 full.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool on a rack completely.


Buttercream Frosting:

1/2 cup butter

4 c. powdered sugar

1/4 c. milk

1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together the frosting and sprinkle crushed up Oreo bits on the top. (I used about 12 cookies to crush up)


And these next cupcakes, I made for my son's birthday last year! I used the jellybean rock candy for the "dinosaur eggs" and bought the mini dinosaurs at the dollar store to top each one. I also crushed up Oreo cookies for the "dirt." Let me just say that they were a huge hit with all of the kids at the party!



Happy cupcake making!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

the oreo cupcakes look amazing!

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.